Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Job Interview #7

Well, I'm pretty sure that we all thought it would never happen - but I finally got another job interview. It's been quite the drought - over two months since my last interview - which was for my dream job that I was ultimately denied. And while it's only one interview - I feel as though I can breathe a teeny tiny sigh of relief. Also, it's not really for a job that I'm super interested in...but @ this point I don't think I can be too choosy. The job is doing administrative and office management type stuff for some seemingly very hip public/media relations firm - two things that I wouldn't necessarily say are my strong suits. I applied because I have bundles of assorted office/administrative experience and I've always harboured an interest in becoming involved in the so-called "dark side" of journalism...and since journalism hates me, I feel okay betraying it.

So yeah, I'm a bit surprised to get the call for an interview on this one. I've never been an office manager - although, like I said - I have worked in a number of different office environments. I'm certain it's something I could handle - I'm not sure I would enjoy it, but again - I ain't feeling too picky these days. I'm interested to know if this position might be one that could grow into something else or if it is what it is - I think often job opportunities are what you make of them. In my previous job, there was nowhere to go - but when I worked for the executive search firm I could have definitely worked my way up [I did get one promotion, but ultimately the job was simply not my bag so I gave it all up to live my current life of glamour]. My other concern here is how simply super cool this organization seems to be. At the moment I'm not really feeling super cool. I'm not sure what to wear or how to best hide some unfortunate facial blemishes that have cropped up. Bleh. Wish me luck? Because I think I forget how to do this...although that might not be a bad thing as apparently things haven't worked out so grandly for me while using my past strategy.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck.

    If this job is meant to be it doesn't matter what you look like, say, or do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the interview! I'm sending happy thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Going a while between interviews is normal (but frustrating).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Things went...not well. I will expand on this in moments. I'm hoping that it leads to a flurry of interviews though - you're right, Colette - they do seem to come in bunches.

    ReplyDelete