Monday, June 8, 2009
Leaking
I'm just doing my patriotic duty as one of the Colbert faithful and leaking the big news that Stephen is taking his show to Iraq and will be broadcasting from there for this entire week. So...watch those shows! I mean, even if you're not a fan of his usual shenanigans - maybe this is good incentive to tune in? Personally, I'm not a huge fan of shows on the road [I remember back when they would take game shows out on the road when I was little...and I was left longing for the familiar confines of our regular studio...I'm a Scorpio - we don't do well with change]. The jokes tend to be too on-the-road specific [my main complaint after Conan's first week is a variation on this theme - too many "I'm new to LA" type of jokes] and the crowds too rowdy. Nothing seems to get done. I may be a lazy couch potato, but I like my late night talk shows to handle their business. I expect nothing less when they go a-travellin'. And, thanks to being spoilered by both CNN and ONTD [not as rare of a combination as one might think] I know that something big happens on tonight's show. For those unfamiliar - you can watch on Comedy Central or Comedy Network @ 11:30pm - Monday to Thursday [or you can be cool like me and watch it with no adverts on the station's website]. And while I'm sure that Stephen would rather I was some large media personality [such as CNN] leaking this information...my wee blog is all I can offer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I saw that on CNN, too! AWESOME!
ReplyDeleteI've gotta say - I get mightily annoyed @ CNN and other news outlets spoiling so many great talk show moments [though the didn't spoil that Obama turns up and orders the haircut - Good Morning America spoiled that]...I get that talk shows are recorded ahead of time, but I still think it stinks to show it ahead of time.
ReplyDelete