In light of me turning Joseph into a baseball widow for the next month or so [I hope, anyway] I decided to appeal to his sweet tooth to make sure that he's not too upset about the neglect. Also, his office tends to feed and feed him on a near-daily basis. They take him out for lunch, feed him sandwiches and pizza and all assortments of sweets [sometimes he brings these home - it's made me a fan of cannoli]. He often feels guilty that he's unable to reciprocate as he doesn't drive and his office is kinda in the middle of nowhere. As a result, I volunteer to bake stuff sometimes, so that he can look like a star [in his defense, he tells them that I'm the baker]. It gives me an excuse to generally bake oodles of biscuits and then not get entirely fat by sitting around the house all day eating them up. Also, I like praise from others.
This afternoon I baked up about four dozen molasses ginger biscuits. Once again, I'm forced to admit that the cooler weather has inspired me. I adore spice cookies of any variety [my godmother makes the best, the BEST spice cookies, but only @ xmas], but I rarely make them for myself as other cookies tend to be more impressive to others. These cookies, however, are spectacular [and a resounding success on my first try with the recipe]. The addition of molasses really heightens the spice factor - develops it and makes it richer in flavour. The spices are a near knock-out punch of cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and of course, ginger and indeed, very spicy as in hot-spicy, not just spiced-spicy. The dough was easy to handle and the cooking times accurate. Needless to say, I've sealed up the box to better resist my temptation.
And now to put my game face on!
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment