Yes, I survived New York City and Americans and fellow touristicos of all kinds. At the moment I'm having some difficulty in surviving my own environs as my arse is currently being kicked by a powerful array of seasonal allergies. I think it's because the weather is extremely warm here for the middle of November. Or perhaps my normal defenses and immunity were weakened by the travel and Joseph's cold which has lingered. No swine flu here...but I do have my swine flu sparkle socks on just in case. Predictably, I'm also feeling quite blase, what with the excitement of my birthday and holiday now over...and now I'm left with nothing to look forward to in life [aside from powerful snowstorms - hopefully soon and multiple].
Colette asked about my 100 Day Project of Projects and I can assure you that it is continuing without much incident. I decided a while back that I would dump the daily blogging about them because it was threatening to cramp my normal exhilarating blog topics. I do need to learn to blog more quickly and shorter in length. In truth, I'm kinda wavering on my whole blog thing @ the moment. I mean, don't worry, I'm still a raging narcissist who has a compulsive need to air my id on a pretty continual basis...but the notion of The Unemployed Elitist is making me feel mighty depressed. I really never imagined that it would go on like this...but it has...and it does go on...I can't believe I've been unemployed for almost ONE YEAR. Blows my mind. I have worked in some capacity since I was ten years old and now...nothing. I feel more lost than ever, and I think that's totally understandable, given my circumstance. Or maybe I'm just being a whiny brat...either label is probably apt @ this point.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It is totally understandable and I can definitely relate. I hope things start looking up for both of us very soon. :)
ReplyDeleteIt has been warm here, too. I'm glad you're continuing with your project - I hope that occasionally you'll keep us updated with how they're going.
ReplyDeleteI don't blame you for being discouraged - I've been unemployed for a lot less time, and I'm discouraged. Unemployment is not easy. Hopefully things will turn around soon.
Yes, let's hope things are on the up and up for *all* of us - sooner rather than later. 2009 has just sucked it.
ReplyDeleteI'm working on two really big collages @ the moment. One is being done with all the bits and bobs collected while I was in NYC, the other is another calendar mashup. I have no idea where they will hang - they are both huge! I haven't been cooking or baking lately because I've been feeling so rushed and then kinda sick...hopefully I can get back on track this weekend. I have four batches of frozen cookie dough in the freezer!