Thursday, December 17, 2009

Job Interview #18 and Job Stuff From All Over

As it happens when you're popular, you are...very popular? Busy? Your eyeballs hurt? All of the above, as it happens. Well yes...and now to bust out yet another old chestnut -when it rains it pours. As one might suspect from the title of this post, I have snagged yet another job interview. This one will be happening on Monday afternoon, but hopefully my timing will still be okay for the other job opportunities. Yes, yes - it's a total cliche, but it's very apt [apt I say!] in this case. Anyway, this job looks to be very interesting, despite the lower pay range. It would be working as a development associate [eagle-eyed blog readers will recall that my previous job was working in development @ an autism foundation] for an arts and culture organization that primarily deals with culturally diverse musical productions. True, music isn't my first/primary love in the arts and culture world - but it's an excellent chance to get involved in the industry I would most like to be a part of. So...I'm excited. However, I do have to consider the lower salary and I should probably actually wait to see if I like the people and they like me. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

And yet...it's hard for me to not get ahead of myself these days. It seems like ever since I got my Gap job I've been more popular than ever. I mean, the same day I got the Gap job I got another job @ Williams-Sonoma. You see, I found out earlier today that I am the preferred candidate for the job @ Girl Guides. They are completing referencing today and on Monday [I think they've spoken with 2/3 of my references - the third is scheduled for Monday morning - I love my references!], and provided that goes well, a job offer will be extended my way. So...obviously I'm pretty excited about that, too! It seems that no matter what happens, the outlook seems pretty likely that I will be starting a new job with the new decade! Since that's all I asked for from Santa, I'm chuffed as chips about things.

But seriously - how bizarre is it that I, the original Debbie Downer, is staring down the barrel of three different, but equally interesting job opportunities. I finished the test assignment for the other media/infrastructure type job and I think it went very well. They have let me know that I am one of the finalist candidates and they will let me know what's on the up and up on Monday. I've been slightly turned off by the organization because they have been very non-responsive with me [after urging me to contact them with any/all questions regarding the test]. I'm still considering them, though - although I know fit is super important in choosing a new job. Two of these organizations are very small, so I think it's even more essential that I can establish a good rapport quickly.

For the first time in a long time - I'm excited for the work week to begin!

4 comments:

  1. Hoooray! I'm excited for you and I can't wait to read about how it all works out. It's like a cliffhanger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always heard that the holidays aren't a good time to find a job; however, you look like you're the exception. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, this is the second time I've had success finding a career-y type of job around the holidays. It tends to make things even more stressful around this time of year - refernces are harder to reach, I'm out and about more...last time I had to sit on it all through the xmas break and found out I got the job in the new year.

    ReplyDelete