So apparently being An Unemployed Elitist is the cool new thing to do as it would seem that I now share company with my favourite person in the world - Sarah Palin. Yup, just like me, she is a big old quitter. While normally I would be delighted with this turn of events, I am actually less than thrilled. I feel like this may be a precursor to her running for President and then it will be all Sarah Palin all the time [and with no jokes about it because apparently she can't handle that]. However, I'm somewhat encouraged by the negative things she said about politics in general [and while I actually - shocker! don't disagree with her statements that politics can be a wasteful, superificial bloodsport - she must know that she played contributed to this] - this points the way to her leaving the political sphere as a whole...and yet, I see her as a consumate famewhore...so I feel like she will always be around. She's gotten a taste of it, so I don't think she will be falling off the radar any time soon. But, if she is gone for good, then this might just be the best fourth of July ever - USA! USA! USA!
In other creepy political news, Obama is the newest addition to Disney World's creepy-assed Hall of Presidents. You can see him in action by following a link in this link. Cree-pee. Is there any way that one could use their executive privledge and make this not happen? I would be all over that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm not a Sarah Palin fan. However, politics is one of those professions where women are obviously judged far differently than men are. (How much would we have heard about the money spent on clothes for the campaign if she were a man? Would the down's syndrome baby have been brought up if her husband were running?)
ReplyDeleteI don't know whether she's gone for good, or if she'll make a presidential bid. I guess we'll see.
I would agree and go further by saying that I think women are almost always judged differently/more harshly than men [unless they are in a "traditionally female" role - like a nurse or teacher or child-minder]. However, politics is pretty harsh all over - John Edwards did get ripped into for his expensive haircut and I'm sure there are examples of other male superficialities. However, I do think if one is a woman of substance one can rise above these types of things [for the most part - there will always be comedians and extreme right and left types willing to have a go @ you].
ReplyDelete