Thursday, July 23, 2009

Job Interview #8 - Post Mortem

The weather report [I'm very into weather - I'm sure this hasn't come up over the course of this blog or the other one, because it's fantastically boring] said that today would be filled with rain - heavy rain, thundershowers, the works. But when I showed up @ the job interview with my Ultimate Cat Umbrella and in sensible shoes - the sun was shining oh-so brightly and there was not a whisper of rain. I looked like an idiot - and even if no one notices things like that - I notice things like that and it throws me off a bit. And even though I went for a more casual dress + jacket combination instead of the traditional suit, I was hideously overdressed [we're talking jeans/tshirts on their end]. Again, there's nothing wrong with being a tad overdressed, but it always makes me feel a wee bit like a dork [which, I am...but I don't like potential employers to know that until after I've signed the contract].

The interview itself went okay. An easy exchange of information and a good conversational tone was had. It was a bit free and easy/bright and breezy though - so much so that I found that after I left I didn't really have an improved vision of the job description. I learned that it is a new role and there is the faintest of possibilities that it might become a full-time position [to me, this sounds a lot like the mistress holding out hope that this time he really is going to leave his wife, so I'm not holding my breath]. The people I met seemed friendly and reasonable, but there is no wiggle room on the hours/days of work. I'm still not sure how I'm feeling about all of this, but there is a strong possibility that I am not the droid they are looking for - they seem to want a "lifer" type of person - someone who specifically wants part-time employment with no room to really grow. Apparently there would be a second-round interview if they like me...but I wouldn't stay quite on the edge of your seats if I were you.

[ps. hop below and check out the comments for the healthcare post - good stuff kids!]

No comments:

Post a Comment