Aren't they supercute? They cost $3 each! I'm tagging this as "free stuff" because $3 shoes is as close to free as it gets, kids. I've been looking for cheap, canvas summer shoes that were slightly more shoe-y than sandal-y and these were all that and more - they were in my size [that's why I bought two pairs]. I was wooed by them weeks ago when I was returning videotapes to Suspect and I saw a window display of them. Cute! Thankfully, the window display was still up today [they change them frequently] as it provided the directions to the shoes [this is key]. I found them on the top floor of the west block in a gigantic pad table [it's a retail term]. After about fifteen minutes of searching I found both pairs, in my size [one of the pairs was disconnected from its mate, this made the search a bigger challenge] and in relatively good condition [some of the shoes were already scuffed up and/or had nasty glue bits on the glued parts of the shoe [strangely enough].
In truth, this was only my second visit to Honest Ed's during my time in Toronto. My first visit was back in the autumn of 1998 when a small group of us went to try to find a fan for one of my housemate's rooms. After a lot of searching and people getting lost [I think we might have permanently lost a frosh] we stumbled across several housewares sections...but none contained the elusive fan. This failed expedition left a mark on me - it would have been fantastic to live so close to a legit discount store that had consistent and easy-to-find goods...Honest Ed's is not so much. But still, I love the puns and stupid knee-slapper type jokes that are all over the place and the old time-y old Hollywood photos that decorate the place.
Yes, the shoes ARE cute. I would have bought two pairs, too, especially if they fit. I have a hard time finding shoes that don't fall off my heel when I walk.
ReplyDeleteFabulous! I especially like the ones on the left. :)
ReplyDeleteThose are cute! One of the things I love about canvas shoes is that when they get dirty, they go in both the washer and the dryer.
ReplyDeleteThose are cute! I can't see to find any decent shoes around here and it is very aggrevating!
ReplyDeleteI think we may be abusing the word cute...but that's okay. For the record, I wore them for the first time today and they are amazingly comfortable as well as cute. I have strange-shaped feet - they are very small, but also wide.
ReplyDeleteI have lots of canvas shoes as I love trainers/Converse and I do wash them [laces and all]...but the sound they make in the dryer is just awful so I just hang them to dry.