No real excuses for not writing...except for that it's actually been Toronto summer hot lately and the thought of sitting with my hot laptop on my lap isn't exactly tremendously appealing. I haven't been overly busy with social stuff or work stuff...mostly it's that the longer I'm not writing, the easier it gets to not do it. I'm going to challenge myself to write less, but write more - for something that I'm supposed to be so good @ doing it really shouldn't be such a struggle.
- I found out today that I didn't get the crumb-bum receptionist job. After not hearing from them in two weeks [despite my attempt to make contact] I can't say that I am terribly surprised. Also, during the interview the interviewer mentioned that I was overqualified and that this job was not a suitable challenge for me...but then today during the turn-off the same interviewer said that they found "three more qualified candidates" to move forward. Really? That's fantastic for you. I really struggled to not say something highly unprofessional and immature.
- I have a second-round interview with the other job that I'm still in contention for [the sweat hog one - I sincerely hope that their air conditioning is fixed as the heat will be bad this week]. I had to complete an assignment in advance of the interview. I'm ashamed to say that it took me basically a whole day to write a one-page outline of their work and its benefits. I am, however, pleased with the results [not from a private writing point of view, but I think the work I produced suits their organization's style]. Again, I'm still not sold on this position - I feel like I need more information on the role and hopefully I will be able to sort out during the second interview.
- My knee really hates the humidity. It's the worst type of weather for my bad knee and for my migraines. Thankfully, no migraines, which would leave me totally incapacitated. Things have been bad @ home with the neighbours, so I've been walking around the neighbourhood a lot [with my cane] to avoid noise and such. I like leaving the house, but I have no where to go and my knee would rather be propped up @ home on the sofa.
- I have a really great personal writing idea that hopefully I will start working on and make good progress before the spark leaves me. This is another problem I have with writing - I cotton to some great idea and I work @ planning and plotting in meticulous detail. And then...as quickly as the inspiration comes, it leaves and I'm left thinking that it was a stupid idea anyway and it kinda stops me from starting again in the future. I'm working with Joseph [hopefully] and I think that's a good extra incentive to push forward...even if we've struggled to merge creatively in the past.
- I keep trying new flavours of milkshakes whenever we go out for pho [my default setting = avocado milkshake]. A couple of weeks ago I tried jackfruit and it was not only delicious, but so much easier to eat with the carbs that are pho. On Saturday I tried the sour sop nectar milkshake and I think I liked it even more. I feel like it will be a while before I return to avocado [and yes, even after a year of trying new things - I still go back to my old habits for the most part...because my old habits were generally the preferred option].
Monday, August 17, 2009
Stuff From All Over
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have to say, I've never had an avocado milkshake, but I don't know that I'd like it. I mean, I like avocado, but I'm not so sure I'd like it in milkshake-form. Hmmmm...
ReplyDeleteOh, avocado milkshakes are absolutely delicious. I will say - the types of milkshakes you get @ Vietnamese restaurants tend to be more smoothie-like in creation than like icy McDo milkshake. They are still very thick and you can eat them with a spoon, if you like. But since pho is essentially just a gigantic bowl of carbs, combining that with a drink that could also serve as a meal replacement [but with more fat I'm sure] is not the smartest of ideas.
ReplyDelete