Just to prove that I'm not a total Obama stan I am going to say something negative about something that even hardened Republicans can say something good about - the dog. Yes, *the* dog. The dog that we've all been waiting for these long days, weeks, months...heck, it might even be years @ this point. I totally lost interest ages ago - they really overshot the mark with this whole dog business. I will be the first to admit that while I am a big animal person I'm not a dog person. There, I said it [I know, I'm awful]. When it comes to domestic animals, I'm a crazy cat lady - however, not unlike a certain first daughter, I have some pretty serious business pet allergies. The Obama's new doggie, Bo, a Portugese Water Dog is said to be hypoallergenic, although there is no official documentation to support this claim. I can tell you that my mum's dog, Titan, is also said to be hypoallergenic and yet, if Joseph and I spend multiple days with him, we do develop allergic symptoms. So, best of luck to Malia with that. Let me also say that I was a big Barney [Bush's dog] fan - I loved his xmas videos and I thought he was rather hilarious, with a good sense of timing [and I liked his badassness when he bit that reporter], so Bo has a lot to live up to. He just...doesn't seem like a Presidential dog - in the videos I've seen of him thus far he seems too excitable [yes, he is a puppy so it's totally understandable, but maybe not the wisest choice for the White House] and just plain not as cute as Barney. I won't fault the Obamas for not getting a shelter dog [though an older dog might have been a wiser choice, given their lifestyle] as Bo was a gift from the Kennedys. You just plain don't say no to the Kennedys. It also seems that many of CNN's finest commentators have been saying that Obama has been taking on too much in the early days of his Presidency. Although I'm inclined to agree with most everything David Gergen says - the fact that they have two young children, a new garden to tend to and a puppy to train - these things would all exhaust me. And I'm unemployed, not the President.
And then, baseball. First up, former Blue Jay and current Yankee A.J. Burnett very nearly pitched a no hitter and that would have been just lovely. I've never seen a no hitter pitched in all my years/decades of baseball watching and I know that Sportsnet would have carried it if he had gone the distances. Boo-urns Tampa Bay Rays. Then, the Blue Jays lost a tough one tonight in Minnesota [ps - minnesota, why are you building an outdoor stadium? you're minnesota. this is maybe not for you]. Extra innings and everything - I'm worried this will affect their momentum [baseball is all about momentum] and they are sitting so pretty atop the American League East [I have realistic expectations about the Yankees]. Now, normally I agree with manager Cito Gaston's decisions, but tonight he was just plain wrong in multiple instances. He tends to be a stubborn bastard and, if the team is winning he runs the same lineup day in, day out. Tonight, for some raisin, he switched things up rather inexplicably. He took out rookie Travis Snider, who has been nothing but hot, hot, hot...and then didn't even put him in as a pitch hitter late in the ballgame. The kid has proved himself time and time again. Leaving the rookie pitcher [who was just fine in this, his second big league outing] in for just a smidge too long is typical Gaston. And hey, I get it - I'm a stubborn old coot myself. When I'm playing a videogame I just keep plugging away with the same old, same old. This can't be done in baseball though - a manager has to actually, I dunno...manage. If you don't make decisions that deal with the moment you will lose ballgames [and, you did - so there].
On a more positive note I got a second interview for that job that I really, really want. I didn't think it would be a multiple interview situation [there is only one other person that works there, so it's another interview with her], but evidently my references have sorted themselves out and I've been called back for round two. Ding ding. It's not until next week, so I have plenty of time to obsess over my outfit, general look and how to present myself for another fabulous hour or so. I still really, really want this job.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Being a Minnesota girl, I am VERY upset about the stadium. Our governor is the biggest IDIOT on the planet. He is going to cut all dental care for those on Medical assistance and raise my Social work licensing fees but put up this stupid stadium. I have had PAWLENTY OF Tim PAWLENTY. He only got in by 1% of the vote.
ReplyDelete"Although I'm inclined to agree with most everything David Gergen says - the fact that they have two young children, a new garden to tend to and a puppy to train - these things would all exhaust me. And I'm unemployed, not the President."--I agree with you on that but am excited to hear the news about the dog. Just wish they would have gotten a Jack Russel Terrier. I am very partial to them...
Congrats on getting the second interview! That's awesome.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I hope it goes well.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I haven't been on too many second interviews, so it's an odd challenge. You can't just be your regular interview self - it's like you have to be better than that. Previously it was difficult to pick out a good second outfit, but now I have dozens of suits.
ReplyDeleteI forgot that you are from Minnesota, Jackie. I am aware of Mr. Pawlenty - but unaware of those practices. Ideally the stadium will bring in more tourism revenue and then things can return to normal...or better than normal?
He is actually trying to raise Social work Licensing fees for a online system that WE ALREADY have and that's been paid for. He tried to take away 135 waiver spot for clients with disabilities in my county alsone but had to give them back due to Barack Obama's stimulus plan.
ReplyDeleteOur MN teams are not that great. I do not think the new stadium will help anything.
I know what it's like to be in a city with crummy sports teams. Fortunately, people are still hockey wild here...it's possible that people will come out just for the new stadium, not the team. I admit - the Twins have looked pretty rough in this series versus the Blue Jays.
ReplyDelete