So, some general stuff from all over today. Mostly due to yesterday being exceptionally busy and today being a bit crap. But, more on that later. I'm now feeling well enough that this need not be an "in point form" kinda affair, although I love that.
Yesterday afternoon was my big interview #6 - the job that I really want. In terms of fashion, I went back to my old faithful of brown pantsuit, but switched things up with a sassy headband instead of my usual ponytail. My hair is kinda reaching the "crazy long" stage...but I find that when the weather is even slightly inclement, my ponytails quickly end up anything but sleek and more flyaway. Wearing my hair down reduces potential scraggiliness by up to 90%. TTC failed me once again and I was stuck waiting for a bus for over 20 minutes [the bus is on frequent service and should arrive in under 10 minutes]. Before I reached that dead panic stage [which, I admit is near impossible to reach now that I'm on these new meds] I spotted a taxi and took that instead. The interview was a bit of a departure, to be sure. I was interviewed by one woman, the director of the organization and she had absolutely no prepared questions sitting in front of her. I found this to be impressive and a bit of a revelation. The interview was very much like a conversation - about the position, the organization and with lots of good back and forth. As much as I love this interviewing style I do worry that I will slip into a more casual posture or manner of speaking because I'm more relaxed. She told me I asked lots of good questions and she knows one of my former bosses [who I use as a reference] and as I was leaving she asked for my references. All good, right? She also mentioned that she has recieved nearly 400 resumes for this job and that she's conducting many interviews. So, not good? I've kinda given up trying to puzzle stuff like this out. I've done what I can [and I have sent out my thank you and I've notified my references and sent them out too] and all's I knows is that I still really want this job. I'm not ashamed to say that and I won't be even if I don't get the job [I'm generally more shy than this].
In other job news...I heard back from the accidental interview place. They want me to come in for a second-round interview. I haven't responded to their message yet, but I really think that I need not waste any more time. I am simply not interested in this organization. But still, it's nice to be wanted. In additional other job news I am supposed to have an interview next week for a position I have not applied for - this person had my resume sent to them by a sister-type agency that I did apply to. The job is not as interesting as the original one I've applied for and I just found out today that it's in the middle of nowhere. It will require me to take two subways and one bus to get there. While I would happily do this for a job I'm interested in, I think that in this case geography really works against my passion for this opportunity. Lately Joseph has been very keen on us getting our licenses and I know this will only fuel that fire.
As previously mentioned, I am on some new meds [I like how the word meds sounds - it's very hardcore - and since I don't really drink anymore - the prescription drugs are really the most hardcore thing about my life] for my migraine attacks. I've generally been loving these meds, but as I've only taken them for five days, I can't really prove that they are helping with my migraines. What they are helping is my disposition and my stress level, which is an unintentional side effect [the migraine thing is also a side effect of the drug, not their intended purpose]. Today, I developed a migraine...went through all the phases and didn't really sort out what was going on until it was mostly over. Much, much less pain and much, much less of my time was absorbed [generally migraines can span more than one day, this wrapped up in about three hours from start to finish]. While I used the migraine as an excuse to not clean the bathroom, I admit that I could have functioned @ work with this level of pain. I'm actually sitting here in awe over the fact that the migraine came and went in one afternoon. Ideally, once the meds are sorted out [I may have to up the dosage, I am just testing the waters for two weeks to see that I don't have any nasty side effects] I will get zero migraines. I already feel like I have my life back.
...And baseball. I feel like this will be a frequent tag from now until November. Joseph thinks I should start a baseball blog, but since I believe that most [if not all] of my readers are female and also not terribly interested in baseball I don't think this is the best thing for me to do. Better to address baseball issues within regular posts and maybe trick my readers. Anyway, last night I went to my first baseball game of the season. The weather was...just so amazing for baseball yesterday - the snow, the ice pellets, the whipping wind, the subzero temperatures - it really all came together, I must say. Also just so amazing for baseball was the lack of booze - apparently the Rogers Centre had an infraction and they had their liquor license suspended for three games this year. Last night was game the first. I didn't mind since I don't drink @ baseball games anyway...but it led to more drunken rowdies in the stands as people brought in their own booze. Bleh - annoying. The game was a bit of a sleeper and then got highly entertaining @ the end after BJ Ryan blew the save [ummm, of course]. That guy is...he is not a good guy. Now that Gregg Zaun is gone I have to have a new Blue Jay to pick on...except this one is with good cause. Way to bum it up jerkface. But, the greatest indignity last night was finding out about these so-called "super premium games" - that is to say games where tickets are $3 more expensive. For some raisin. In all of these "super premium games" the Blue Jays are playing either Boston or New York. Ummm, unfair! I know, I know, it's $3 extra bucks, so who cares? Well, I care. I'm seriously considering a boycott. As much as I love seeing the Yankees play - I don't like being jerked around with a 33% ticket hike. I can watch it for free @ home! Also, my house can serve beer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck, I hope you get the job you want - and that the migraine meds work out. I'm not really into baseball, although I don't mind watching it live (although it would have to be summer, not ... whatever this current weather is).
ReplyDeleteThe weather was quite balmy inside the SkyDome...too much, in fact. By the time we left I forgot that it was quite nasty out. There's nothing like the crack of the bat to tell you that it's spring!
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks again for the well wishes.