Thursday, April 23, 2009

Stuff From All Over

Okay, so I'm still pretty stressed over the whole job situation. It's tough sitting on my hands - knowing everything is fully out of my control. I've been second and third and fourth [and so on] everything I said in both interviews, how I dressed, thinking of ever better questions and answers...so, yes - I'm going a little bit bonkers. After tomorrow I'm officially giving myself permission to relax for the weekend - whether they call or not...and no matter what the outcome of the call might be. But for today, I'm still allowed to be jumbled. Also, I'm stressed over not yet receiving the Frakking Price Chopper e-flyer - which should arrive on Thursday, but lately has been arriving whenever it damn well pleases and often not at all...it's a big source of Thursday stress for me. So today what you are going to get is another edition of Stuff From All Over [do I need a tag for this? I like having tags for any and all occasions]. Onwards! In point form!

- I think I had another migraine yesterday. It has been two weeks exactly since my previous one [perhaps the office of my potential employer induces them? let's hope not]. This one was even more timid. I did attempt a nap after taking a Tylenol and having lunch...but I was woken up after a very short period of time due to neighbour noise. It kinda dragged on in terms of time, but the pain was nearly minimal, except for rushes of blood to the head when I stood up too quickly.

- The Yankees game was carried on our local sports channel yesterday afternoon. This helped me to calm down from post-interview stress and potential migraine activity. Even better, they won. Afternoon baseball on a Wednesday is a sweet treat indeed [extra innings too!].

- Still on baseball, the Blue Jays decided to not stink last night [or tonight]. However, their supposed bigtime closer BJ Ryan [who, as previously mentioned, is my most loathed Blue Jay...A-Rod is obviously my most loathed Yankee...although Joba Chamberlain is also quite loathed...it's easier to loathe someone who plays everyday] decided he would stink and blew the save in the ninth inning [another extra inning win!]. Then today I find out that he's on the disabled list. I mean, I don't like knowing that people are in pain and stuff...but I'm so, so happy that he won't be pitching in the near future.

- Is there a woman hotter than Salma Hayek? I mean, dang...she's just smokin'. And, I've been loving 30 Rock...but a storyline where someone is conflicted about marrying her because they aren't sure they can be faithful? I feel like that doesn't entirely work. Because, like I said - is there a woman hotter than Salma Hayek?

- While I'm not a huge fan of any or all of these ladies - I think it's really cool that outwardly Christian girls such as Miley, Britney...and even [guh - it takes a lot for me to say something nice about this person] Heidi Montag are being openly supportive of gay marriage. I think that they were responding to the whole Miss California brouhaha and her "biblically correct" pageant speech. But, no matter. I know that these ladies hold tremendous sway over their fans/young minds [whether that's right or not is another discussion] and I think it's pretty neat-o that they aren't afraid to say I'm Christian and I think it's okay to be gay. It's actually vaguely brave of them...I mean, in a hot celeb gossip kinda way.

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't call Heidi Montag outwardly Christian--I would just call her fake. She is so annoying with all that on again, off again crap with Spenser. Blech!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, while I am no fan of The Hills I am well aware of her fakery. However, one of the semi-consistent things about her personality is that she claims to be a Christian and a Republican. You're right - it's probably all fake! However, I'm willing to give kudos to anyone who supports gay unions...even if I loathe that person!

    And seriously - haven't her and Spencer gotten married like 25 times now?!?

    ReplyDelete