For those who doubt, Wii Fit has allowed me to do a variety of things that I couldn't do before. The thing I was most proud of [until today] was my newfound ability to do 50 consecutive push-ups [my previous record was zero...seriously...I could get down there, but I was unable to push back up - a key part of doing push-ups, as the name suggests]. Aside from that, the balance games have really improved my reflexes [like a cat I am...I used to be...not so much] as well as my balance [Joseph and others have commented on my good balance - which, as a result of my near-death experience, was really crappy]. The aerobics are fun and let me go "yogging" and the yoga has increased my bendiness. So, the doubters need to sit down. My body is looking very nearly bikini-ready.
However, up until today there was one thing that I couldn't do. What's worse, beyond the obvious approach of just trying to stand up properly [with good posture and equally balanced on both sides] - I couldn't figure out how to correct things. You see, each day I take a body test and first up they test your centre of balance. There is no monitor that shows your movements while the test is being conducted, so you can't fix yourself up during the test - it's all blind. Well, everyday, my balance is so, so close to being centred. So close that I was beginning to think it was impossible to get it right in the centre...that is, until today. Because this morning I was measured as having a perfectly centred centre of balance! I was so thrilled! And, since I know it will never happen again and Joseph would never believe me, I took a photo. I would like to share this photo with you now.
Haha, congrats! My sis is visiting this weekend and bringing her Wii Fit for me to try. I'm super excited!
ReplyDeleteI don't even have the Wii fit but wii Sports in itself has been a good workout for me. Just doing the Wii Tennis and boxing has increased my energy level a lot. It is so much better (and cheaper) than having to go to a gym. I really want to get the Wii Fit down the line though!
ReplyDeleteI haven't done Wii Sports since getting Wii Fit - but that's mostly because I get focused on one game @ a time and I've had Sports for two years now. Joseph and I love the tennis, but we are too good @ it now. I hate the boxing on Sports, but love it on Fit. It's supposed to improve my rhythm [I have none]. That's the thing - video games don't have to be an amazing workout, but if they get your butt off the sofa [which other games don't] - then it's a good thing!
ReplyDeleteJen, I'm sure you're have much fun with the Wii - Wii Fit isn't the best to play with a group, but there are some fun mini games. I totally own that whole table tilt thing [you'll see].
Oh man, I SOOO want one now! It was so fun and we all felt it in our muscles the next day.
ReplyDeleteI'm on the lookout for something else to use my balance board with - there are a few exercise games that look good. The only exercises that hurt my muscles are the running and the standing up/lying down thing. My thighs experience much pain.
ReplyDelete