I know, right? They look good. They were good. I managed to eat almost three of them [or, 1.5 biscuits] before my mouth said - oh, I don't think so - and I couldn't manage another bite. My stomach is currently a little bit unhappy with me as well. I think they are meant to be eaten with tea and not plowed down while you're waiting on the tea to steep. Joseph, a British person, assures me that these treats are not eaten on a daily basis in England [I'm not so sure - the standards for what's considered healthy in England seems ridiculously low].
And yes, this also qualifies as a Lazy Sunday type of thing. I got my notice for a shift @ the shoe museum too late today, so this is it. Besides, it has been raining pretty much all day, the house is clean - there's precious little else to do aside from piling baked goods into my face. As an added bonus, this was my first time making whipped cream [also pictured]. Obviously, it's a super simple thing to do, but I'm not overly keen on sweet things and I was greatly turned off of whipped cream from only having Dream Whip [an edible oil product! it proudly boasts this as though that were a good thing to be!] as a kid.
My son showed me the "This Is Why You're Fat" blog; we had some good laughs over it earlier in the week. I'm ashamed to say I've eaten a few of the things!
ReplyDeleteI'm a firm proponent of shopping at the discount section of the grocery store-one of the places near us actually has sale meat that's getting near the expiration date. I've been buying it for years with no bad effects.
Looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteI'm very curious to know what things you've eaten from that blog! The items there are so elaborate I can't imagine making many of them.
ReplyDeleteThe discount section of our grocery store is this sad little wire rack with only baked goods on it. Usually pretty undesirable baked goods. I would buy more on super discount...but it's a really cheap grocery store already.