I had this whole blog entry written up in my mind [this is the type of dedication I have to my craft]. It was going to be a rant against Katie Couric as she appropriately enraged me with her appearance on Letterman last night. I had this whole thing about feminism and journalism...but alas, I've been distracted by high-larious internets happenings. I swear, if it weren't for the internet I would be a millionaire by now...or at the very least I wouldn't be 30 years old, unemployed, unmarried, living in a one-bedroom apartment in a bad neighbourhood. But, who's to say who is to blame? The internet gives so much and asks so little [much like my main love, television].
Today's internet fantastico is CakeWrecks - a blog dedicated to cakes and assorted baked goods that have gone wonderfully and hilariously wrong in the hands of so-called professional bakers. I made it to mid-way through the Valentine's Day baked goods when I had to stop. Tears were streaming down my face and my stomach was clenching...this is what happens when things become too funny for me. When it happened again [complete with snorting and nearly rolling off the bed] as I shared the site with Joseph [and he was similarly afflicted] I knew I had to share the site with my dozen of readers. Enjoy!
Once a week they post examples of good cakery and it called to mind some of my more memorable birthday baked treats. When I was very little I really loved the ghosts from Pac Man so one year I got a Pac Man ghost cake - it had red licorice on it! When I was thirteen years old my favourite baseball player was Roberto Alomar so I got a cake with him on it. When I turned 21 my mum sent me a cake...in the mail...I thought it was a gift so I tossed it on my bed as I was running late for class. After dinner I opened the package and it was a box of random cake. We still ate it [the food in residence was terrible]. That same year - possibly as a result of the horrors incurred @ the hands of the mighty cake explosion Joseph bought me my first ice cream cake [I was always jealous of people who had those]. It was pretty unremarkable except that sitting primly atop the cake was a nude figure...okay, she was wearing a red, see-through negligee. Yeah - available @ your local Baskin-Robbins [okay, our Baskin-Robbins, and yes, I do live in a sketchy neighbourhood].
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, yay! We are gigantic fans of cakewrecks! It's to the point that I bring my camera with me when I go grocery shopping in hopes of capturing a gem. :)
ReplyDeleteWe don't have a bakery @ our local grocery store, but I'm positive that I would find weekly Cakewrecks if we did. They are just that competent.
ReplyDelete